Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

The Sugar QueenThe Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The blurb of this book made it seem like something between Practical Magic and Big Fish. And because I needed something lighthearted and fun, I immediately downloaded The Sugar Queen to my kindle. Little did I know that under magical realism was hiding nothing but a chic-lit. And chic-lit isn’t something that I read and enjoy. I tried to get into this book, but alas, I just couldn’t understand what was going on or what exactly I was reading. It started interesting, but after a while the book was nothing but releationship drama and pining. And it didn’t help when the main heroine, who was 27, acted like a 15-year-old. And her biggest sin that she tried to hide from the whole world was that she kept sweets in her closet. I mean, seriously?
This book was absolutely not for me. I was bewitched by the adorable cover, but now I wish that the publishers would be more specific with the blurbs.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment