Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Amsterdam Exposed by David Wienir

Amsterdam Exposed: An American's Journey Into The Red Light DistrictAmsterdam Exposed: An American's Journey Into The Red Light District by David Wienir
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I picked up this book because of its beautiful cover. This should be a good lesson to me to stop picking books based on their covers. I hate being negative but I didn't like Amsterdam Exposed. I couldn't get into it and at some point started skimming, just to be over with it. The story wasn't engaging. It didn't keep me interested. And this has been a problem with many bios: a lot of authors just don't know how to write interesting biographies. The author told about dull and mundane things, but a more skilled author would've written these same stories in a much more interesting way. Biography is a hard genre and not everyone can write it the right way.

I'm very grateful to the publisher for the advanced review copy and I wish the author all the best.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment