Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

Shutter IslandShutter Island by Dennis Lehane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such an interesting story, but so unbelievable. Everything was great: the writing, the pace, the characters, but I can’t make myself believe that the doctors and the whole asylum would go to such lengths. Guess I can’t suspend disbelief that much, because the truth was just too unbelievable for me.
And still, this was suspense at its best, when you feel that something’s wrong, but you can’t quite put your finger on it. I hadn’t watched the movie so I went into the book knowing only that there’s some kind of twist in the end. I took the wrong path at first, thinking that Teddy’s partner was never there and just his imagination, but because the other characters were interacting with the partner, I stopped suspecting something was wrong there. The author fooled me nicely and I loved it.
I recommend this book if you haven’t watched the movie. But then, read it nevertheless: it was so well written :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment