Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Flowers for AlgernonFlowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A book that broke my heart. Turned my world upside down. Made me a better person.
And isn’t it amazing that a single book can do so many things to you, break your heart and mend it, then shatter it again and squeeze the blood out of the shards? Someone might say, “it’s just a book, it can’t do so many things.” And I’ll tell them, “go read it yourself and tell me you’re still the same person.”
In the last decades whenever someone would ask me what was my favorite book, I wouldn’t know which one to name. I’ve read so many fantastic books and each of them has given me something, and it’s always hard to pick just one. Well, I know now that if I get asked that same question, I will always think of “Flowers for Algernon.”
Thank you Daniel Keyes for giving me this lesson on humanity.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment