Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Bram Stoker's Dracula

www.amazon.com/Dracula-Illustrated-ebook/dp/B006CRC98G/

Probably one of the best horror novels I have ever read.
Might not seem so scary for a modern reader, but my, oh my, I can imagine how much dread it might have caused a Victorian Era reader.
This is one of the most famous novels in the world with one of the most famous characters. Dracula started the Vampire Fiction, and though the vampires have changed immensely throughout the years, the character of Dracula has not lost its appeal.
This novel has been discussed for many years, and I don’t know if I can say something new about it. Written more then a hundred years ago, it still gives chills and freezes the blood. At least that’s hat happened in my case.




The movie made in 1992 is considered to be the most faithful adaptation, and if this is the most faithful, I wonder how messed up the rest are.
The story had undergone many changes. Too many. But nevertheless, I still love this movie. And not just because of amazing Gary Oldman, but because of the way the movie was made: it is almost deprived of special effects, and the atmosphere is enchanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment