Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall

I recently read Anne BrontΓ«'s both books--"Agnes Grey" and "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall".
Loved them both. Anne Bronte will always be my most favourite Bronte sister, though I have to say that my love for these amazing, talented sisters is almost equal. Still I call Anne my favourite, for I have a "thing" for underrated writers.
I loved "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" but never I expected to read a story of a domestic abuse in a Bronte book. It was strong, it was sad, it was heartbreaking sometimes. 

http://www.amazon.com/Tenant-Wildfell-Hall-ebook/dp/B004UK2FCC

Throughout the reading I could not believe that such a young girl coud write this type of story: a story of a mother who struggles to save her child from the terrible influence of his own father. This was a story of a courageous woman who was ready to bear insults and mental abuse to stay close to her son, and who chose life in misery for her son's well-being.

I also love her writing style, which some consider too descriptive, but I disagree. I love the Bronte sisters' style and their use of words. I wish people still talked in such beautiful, rich language as they did back in the time.

The movie:

It started with a beautiful music which immediately dragged me into the story of despair and hope. It was a good movie with great acting, beatiful scenery, and wonderful music.
Sometimes movie was slow, but it was still enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment