Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

The Handmaid's TaleThe Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I waited for a whole week to review this book, so that i could understand at last how I felt about it. Sometimes I’m still thinking of it. So I guess the story has left an impression on me. Yes, it wasn’t believable that a society of that kind could grow so quickly and that the women who just a couple of years ago were wearing bikinis on the beach had turned into birthing machines, but that improbability didn’t make the book unreadable. In fact, it kept me reading. Some people seem to hate the ending, but i liked how the book ended. I don’t think there could be any other way to end this story.
The Handmaid’s Tale wasn’t as great as I had expected, but I enjoyed it and recommend it to readers who like dystopian novels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment