Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

E-books vs Paperbacks

I took this photo for my instagram page and it led me to this thought: how many people still buy paperbacks?

I know I don’t. And probably never will. I just don’t have space for paperbacks anymore. But it’s not only that. Recently I received paperbacks as gifts, and I still haven’t touched them. I think I’ve become too used to a Kindle and don’t want to go back to leafing through a book, feeling it’s weight in my hands, to not being able to highlight a line or click on a word and instantly know what it means.
E-books changed my life. I love them.
And it seems that 99% of my readers are like me. I sell 1 paperback against 100 e-books.
And that’s just great!
The day is close when print-on-demand will be the only way to buy paperbacks. I don’t see anything tragic in that. On the contrary, this is one of the better changes happening in the world: saving trees.
I know that e-books are also about spending resources, but one e-reader against thousands of printed books is a good solution.



No comments:

Post a Comment